The Artists' Workshop, Inc., a non-profit organization, had its beginnings in 1957 when 15 art enthusiasts met in a local restaurant and formed New Smyrna's first chartered art group. The original charter adopted in March 1958 stated "the purpose of this organization shall be to foster and encourage art and its appreciation, to create friendly and sympathetic relations in club and community, promoting and exchanging ideas among members, and to further opportunities for participation in classes and show." The Workshop makes available its studio facilities for art classes and workshops approved by the Artists’ Workshop Board. While many members attend these classes, attendance is not a requirement for membership.
Close or press ESC