It’s always good to know others have already found success shooting and producing in an area. Here is a list of those who have shot or produced in the region in the past:
- The Minorcan Connection (2018) The history of New Smyrna Beach was explored in this film that featured Old Fort Park / Turnbull Ruins and the Minorcan history in New Smyrna Beach.
- The Ladybirds of the University of Louisville Documentary (2017) A documentary crew followed the University of Louisville Ladybirds and coach around the New Smyrna Beach area as they prepared for their national competition.
- Crawford Entertainment - "How to do Florida" (2017) New Smyrna Beach was featured in one of Chad Crawford's "How to do Florida" episodes.
- TLC - "Kindred Spirits" (2017) A New Smyrna Beach home was featured on the TLC show "Kindred Spirits."
- Ron Jon Surf Shop (2017) New Smyrna Beach was the backdrop for Ron Jon's multifaceted photo and video shoot that will be used for marketing and advertising purposes throughout the year.
- Orlando My Way - Hearst Digital (2016)
- Curious Traveler TV (2016) The New Smyrna Beach area was featured in three episodes of the Curious Traveler TV series Let's Go!
- Travel Channel - "Hotel Impossible: Showdown" (2016) The Night Swan Intracoastal Bed & Breakfast was featured on this Travel Channel show and won $25,000 while competing against three other hotel's in this "Stone Crab Cold Florida" eipsode.
- HGTV - "Beachfront Bargain Hunt" (2016 & 2017) New Smyrna Beach was featured in two episodes of HGTV's "Beachfront Bargain Hunt" when two families wanted to find a beachfront home and investment property in New Smyrna Beach, FL, where they had spent a lot of time.
- Tomorrowland (2015) A Walt Disney Pictures science-fiction mystery adventure film starring George Clooney. In this film, a genius inventor and teenage science enthusiast embark to an alternate dimension known as "Tomorrowland." Scenes were primarily shot along Canal Street, New Smyrna Beach's mainland downtown district, and U.S.1. Watch the trailer here.
- Grace (2014) Gracie wakes up and finds herself on a Florida beach 1,100 miles from home. When Gracie is arrested for public drunkenness and assaulting a police officer, she is given a choice: six months in jail or 90 meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous in 90 days that she must do in the small town she's landed in. The entire film takes place in New Smyrna Beach. Watch the trailer here.
- The Travel Channel (2013) New Smyrna Beach's restaurant The Garlic was featured on one of the Travel Channel's shows. Watch the episode here.
- The Cooking Channel - "Emeril's Florida" (2013) Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse visited and filmed a segment for his "Emeril's Florida" show at Goodrich Seafood & Oyster House in Oak Hill, FL. The renowned chef tasted some of Goodrich's signature dishes and interviewed Karyn McNamra, the owner of Goodrich's, as well as Jim Goodrich, who built the restaurant with his father in 1971.
Visit our YouTube channel to check out more!