With 17 miles of white sand and beautiful blue waters, New Smyrna Beach, located on Florida’s Atlantic Coast, is a prime spot for families wanting to plan a getaway this spring. And with so many kid-friendly attractions, camps, and free activities, they’ll want to do more than just build sandcastles and splash in the surf (although we love that too!). Take a peek at some of the fun for spring break 2019:
- Marine Discovery Center: 5-Day Spring Adventure Camp (March 18-22) With pontoon rides, fishing, and arts and crafts, the kids will be too busy having fun to notice they’re learning about New Smyrna Beach’s wildlife and environment.
- The Hub on Canal: Art Fun 4 Kids with Heather Pastor (March 13, April 10) Kiddos can channel their inner Van Gogh with an art class at The Hub on Canal. Instructor Heather Pastor teaches about famous artists, then children create their own masterpieces with a variety of mediums.
- Surfin’ NSB: Ride the Waves: Little thrill-seekers will love a private family surf lesson from the pros at Surfin’ NSB. An instructor will bring boards right to your hotel or condo, so all you need to do is walk out onto the sand.
- Turtle Mound River Tours: Set sail on a two-hour narrated tour of the Indian River Lagoon for a chance to see dolphins, manatees, and incredible views of Canaveral National Seashore.
- New Smyrna Museum of History: Encourage a love for learning by exploring NSB’s interesting past through cool artifacts, models, and photographs. Kids will love the vintage boards and other local memorabilia in the surfing exhibit. Parents will love that it’s free admission.
- Fishing Charters: Reel in the fun on the Indian River Lagoon with a local guide, like Captain Drew Cavanaugh of Florida Inshore Fishing Charters. From hauling in a prize catch to close-up views of local wildlife, a charter is a perfect way to spend a day on the water.
- New Smyrna Speedway: Zoom zoom! Watch as stockcars and trucks vie for a spot at the finish line. Races are held weekly and children 11 and under are free.
- New Smyrna Beach Escape Room: Older kids and teens will love this combo scavenger hunt and puzzle-solving activity. Participants attempt to escape from a locked room by deciphering riddles and puzzles. Choose from themes like “Alien Autopsy” and “Houdini’s Secrets.”